Saturday 23 April 2011

Back in the saddle!

If I don't start this now, then I probably wont get around to it again for another several weeks. So, despute the fact that I should be:

Finishing off a taxing paper on the battle of Acre

Painting up the entries for the last two weeks for the Lead Painters League (HYW)

Finishing off the unit of Serjeants for the Guild 2011 build (Third Crusade)

Preparing for a move to Denmark (next Friday)

Oh - go shopping has just been added to that list and is working its way energetically to the top

I am trying to bump start this blog. So to save further ado, here are some photos of my two major projects on the go at the moment:


HYW:

Boucicault's MAA (above) and crossbowmen (below)

earl of Suffolk's retinue making some last minute preparations
Sir Gilbert Umfraville's retinue fends off the Frenchies
Third Crusades:
pilgrims
a conroi of Templars
Richard de Sablé, Master of the Templars


5 comments:

  1. Good start Stephen!

    I hope the move to Denmark doesn't encroach on your Medieval blogging too much in the upcoming weeks.

    Keep up the good work!

    Darrell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks - the blogging will be the easy bit, getting everything finished off for the Guild and League will be challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you kick-started the blog - I just love all of them but my favourite is your Master. How many medieval armies are you building?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the kind words.

    Two for the HYW - English and French; then there's the Third Crusade force with some Saracens based up for later on. Finally I have a Sammies army which I am planning to have ready to grace James Sharp's table at Salute next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha!! Just found you...another medieval fan.
    Lovely work and a great looking blog.
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete